Member Support

Looking for J-4 Piper Rigging

Posting limited to Supporting Members: Airplanes, Parts for Sale, Trade or Looking To Buy?
Forum rules
Posting privileges limited to supporting members and industry supporters of seaplaneforum.com
If you do post your email address, please be aware that you are posting to a public domain.
DO NOT post on behalf of non-members, DO NOT post for sale items for members of other sites!
Seaplaneforum.com will not be held responsible for unsolicited emails received by you, as a result of doing so. Private Sales & Seaplane Specific Only, Please - No Hotlinks.
Do not post ads from any commercial site or ebay! seaplaneforum.com assumes NO responsibility for functionality or airworthiness, nor legality of any item offered, sold, traded or exchanged. Exercise care when conducting any business. Thank You!

Looking for J-4 Piper Rigging

Unread postby RKittine » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Howdy,

I have a set of EDO 60-1320 Floats with the spreader bars, but no J-4 Rigging. Anyone have a set used they would like to part with?

Ciao - Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Looking for J-4 Piper Rigging

Unread postby Tim McCormack » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:20 pm

I think there's a set near Cooperstown but they're probably all worn out.
Tim McCormack
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:16 am

I was planning on going up there one dark night and looking.
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:17 am

The plane in Oswego Tim, is a J-4 with a C-85. I have a set of 1320s and spreader bars, but the wrong rigging, though I think I could use the ends with new tubing, that Kenmore or Ed Peck can supply. I just want to get back on the water before the season is over and Brian is probably going to be my best bet.
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:45 am

Brian's is ready, I flew it yesterday.

Glenn
cubdriver2

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:02 am

RKittine wrote:Howdy,

I have a set of EDO 60-1320 Floats with the spreader bars, but no J-4 Rigging. Anyone have a set used they would like to part with?

Ciao - Bob

Bob, 3 sets of 1320/J4 floats and rigging sitting up on the island right now, go measure some struts.

Glenn
cubdriver2

Unread postby RKittine » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:31 pm

That is a good idea as I have the end fittings from the Pre-War Chief rigging.
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Tim McCormack » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:23 am

RKittine wrote:The plane in Oswego Tim, is a J-4 with a C-85. I have a set of 1320s and spreader bars, but the wrong rigging, though I think I could use the ends with new tubing, that Kenmore or Ed Peck can supply. I just want to get back on the water before the season is over and Brian is probably going to be my best bet.

Bob, I'm on my way to Oswego this morning to look at that J-4 for you. I'll give you a call. Hae you found the float fittings yet?
Tim McCormack
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby RKittine » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:55 am

Hi Tim,

Thank you. I have not found the rigging yet, but I can order the attachments from Kenmore Air and I can also get the drawings for the rigging itself and have the end caps from the Pre-War Chief rigging that I have, so I could make it and get a 337 Field Approval.

Ciao - Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Tim McCormack » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:21 pm

Bob, here's one picture of the J-4. I'll email the rest to you. The plane looks very nice.
Attachments
IMG_1590.JPG
Tim McCormack
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby RKittine » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:29 pm

Thanks Tim, I look forward to the other pictures. Glenn, what does it take to put on a full cowling like your J-4? Regards to all - Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to For Sale & Want To Buy